Everyone working or studying on any of our campuses must complete a required online safety training program. As the number of people on site gradually increases, everyone needs to be aware of and follow the same precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The safety training takes 15-20 minutes. To receive credit for completion, the related Attestation must be signed at the end of the training.
Safety Training for Affiliates
Principal Investigators, supervisors, and departments are responsible for ensuring that all personnel (e.g., faculty, staff and students) complete the required training.
If you have been working on campus on essential activities, you should have already completed the appropriate training.
If you are newly returning to campus, you must take the appropriate training before you return to campus.
Be sure to complete the correct training module:
- Researchers, including faculty, staff and students, must take COVID-19 Training: Safe Research at Columbia, TC5550, in RASCAL.
- Other Columbia personnel must take COVID-19 Training: Working Safely at Columbia University, in the University’s Enterprise Learning Management (ELM) system. This is a general training that does not include content specific to research. There can be up to a one-hour delay between completion of this training being relayed to the checkbox in the ReopenCU app. Please plan your trip to campus accordingly.
- New Students complete the COVID-19 training as part of your Welcome to Columbia Tutorial. Once you complete the Welcome tutorial, you meet the COVID-19 training requirement, but you can take it again here as a refresher as is helpful.
- Returning Students planning to be on campus must complete the Keeping Our Community Healthy: Returning Student Tutorial.
- Returning students not planning to be on campus this fall are not required to complete the Keeping Our Community Healthy: Returning Student Tutorial. However, you may find the information helpful.
Safety training for individuals at Barnard College, Union Theological Seminary, and other affiliate institutions, as well as retirees, emeriti, visiting scholars, and other academic visitors is also available online.