Vaccine Documentation Upload Instructions
What You Should Know
Acceptable proof of vaccination includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Card
- WHO Vaccine Booklet
- Documentation provided by a health care professional/organization/country
- Until otherwise advised, digital vaccine passports do not fulfill the requirement
You must upload a photo of your vaccine record in order to complete the vaccine requirement.
All documentation must be submitted in English or accompanied by a certified translation (at the employee’s or student’s expense). Verification of documentation is at the sole discretion of Columbia University. Additional information or documentation may be requested and if requested must be provided in order to verify a submission.
How to Upload Documentation
- Take a picture of your documentation and save it to the phone or computer you will use to upload the documentation. Acceptable formats are jpg, jpeg, png, and pdf.
- Go to the upload documentation page and log in with your UNI. If you have already uploaded documentation, you will see a "You do not have access to submit a Proof of Vaccine at this time" message.
- Enter the date(s) of your vaccine(s) and select the vaccine you received. If the vaccine you received is not on the list, choose the "COVID19NOS" option.
- Click the "Choose file" button and select the documentation file from your device.
- Click the "submit" button.
- The next screen should confirm that your submission was uploaded properly. Human Resources will verify your vaccine record. Allow at least 15 business days for processing and verification.
- Go to secure.health.columbia.edu and log in with your UNI.
- Select "Medical Clearances" from the left-hand menu.
- In the line labeled "COVID-19 vaccine," click "Update."
- In the popup box, enter the date(s) of your vaccine(s) and select the vaccine you received. If the vaccine you received is not on the list, choose the "COVID19NOS" option.
- Click "Done," after which you will be returned to the Medical Clearance section to upload your vaccine documentation.
- Enter the vaccination dates, and select "Update" next to Immunization Record.
- Select "Upload" and attach the documentation file. Accepted formats are gif, jpg, png, and pdf. There is a 4 MB file size limit
- If the item is legible, click the "Looks Good" button; then click the "Save" button.
- After you upload and submit your entry, Columbia Health verify your vaccine record. Allow at least 15 business days for processing and verification.
- Read the pre-registration instructions requirements.
- Go to portal.studenthealth.cuimc.columbia.edu and log in with your UNI.
- Follow the instructions on the portal. Note that this immunization documentation is not listed on the current pre-registration forms.