COVID-19 Vaccine Update
Dear Columbia Affiliate:
Keeping our campus safe during this pandemic has been our number one priority. The late December introduction of vaccines has given us an important tool in this fight. As you are no doubt aware, the demand for vaccines far outstrips the supply. New York State has created strict definitions around who is eligible that up until recently centered around age, patient facing status and certain other individuals who have contact with the public. Beginning February 15, the State established eligibility for vaccines for anyone age 18 or older who have certain underlying medical conditions as noted here. For information on locations in New York where eligible individuals with these underlying medical conditions can be vaccinated, you can see the list of New York State vaccination locations or visit the New York City COVID-19 Vaccine Finder.
In addition, the Armory at 216 Fort Washington Avenue (on 169th Street, adjacent to the CUIMC campus) is offering vaccines for this new group of individuals who are residents of New York City, as well as persons age 65 and over regardless of medical condition who are also New York City residents. NewYork Presbyterian, supported by volunteers from Columbia, is operating the Armory. In order to get the vaccine at the Armory, you must sign a form onsite attesting that you have a medical condition that makes you eligible to be vaccinated, but you will not need other documentation of your medical condition.
Next Steps to Sign Up at the Armory:
1. Check to see if you are eligible:
- Do you have one of the medical conditions listed?
- Are you 18 years or older?
- Do you live in New York City?
2. If you answered yes to all of these questions and want to make an appointment at the Armory:
- Make sure you are registered on the Connect patient portal. If you do not have an account, click here for a guide.
- You will then be able to log into Connect to search for an appointment time. Please note that under the new guidelines, many individuals will be eligible for vaccinations, but appointments and vaccine supplies will be limited.
3. Make sure that your personal information is up to date. We will use the Connect patient portal to communicate the latest news and alerts through Connect.
For more information about the vaccines and how to use Connect, please visit https://VaccineTogetherNY.org.
Gerry Rosberg, Senior Executive Vice President
Donna Lynne, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, CUIMC, and University COVID Director