Temporary Commuter Shuttles Available for Faculty and Staff
Dear Columbia commuters,
Beginning September 9, Columbia Transportation will provide commuter shuttle service for faculty and staff working on the Morningside, Manhattanville, and Medical Center campuses on weekdays during the Fall term.
- Service will begin on Wednesday, September 9.
- Routes are focused on key areas within the outer boroughs and Manhattan with easy connections to commuter rail and park-and-ride locations. Shuttles will run periodically throughout the day. A route map is available on the Transportation website.
- Columbia University faculty and staff are eligible for this service.
- The fare will be $4.50 each way, to be paid by credit or debit card at the time of reservation.
- Rides on the commuter shuttles are by online reservation only. Spaces are first come, first served. To view a list of departure times and make a reservation, follow the instructions on the Transportation website.
- You can view bus locations in real time using the Passio Go! app, which is free to download.
- Buses will be capped at 50% capacity to facilitate distancing.
- Please familiarize yourself with the COVID-19 safety protocols before you ride. Passengers not wearing a face covering will not be allowed to board the bus.
- We will evaluate the usage of these shuttles for long-term service.
Please consult the Transportation website for a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). During business hours, you can call Columbia Transportation at 212-854-3382 or email us at email@example.com.
In addition to the Commuter Shuttles, Columbia Transportation offers a number of travel options between Columbia’s campuses. This fall, the Intercampus Shuttle will be making stops at 96th Street throughout the day, and Saturday service will be available following the Red Line. Columbia also offers an on-demand Evening Shuttle, powered by Via, that runs between 4 PM and 4 AM each night. For those interested in using Via outside of the Evening Shuttle service, Columbia affiliates can use the code 'CU2020' to unlock 20% off all private rides.
We hope these services are valuable additions for members of the community as we work together to reopen campus.